1/3/13

CalArts! Part 1



If I could go back in time and tell younger Kendall something about art it would be: "Kendall Jr., I know this is going to be hard to believe, but if you stop trying to draw things how they look, and start drawing them how they feel, your drawings will look a hundred times as convincing with only a fraction of the effort!  (You'll learn about "fractions" and "times" and "a hundred" later.)"

I sat and looked at each of these subjects for hours and started and restarted each one but couldn't get it right! I finally gave up and said I would focus on the mood and ambiance (a French word meaning "smell") and would sacrifice accuracy.  And THAT is when they finally came to life!

I hope everyone (especially you Kendall Jr.) can learn from my struggles and be that much better right from the beginning. 




1 comment :

  1. that last drawing is beautiful! I hope you get in!

    ReplyDelete